Library Instruction Request From
Library Instruction Program
Click here for our new guide with tips for acquainting 1st year and new students with using Trexler Library for effective research.
Students who are assigned projects requiring library research often lack basic library skills or are overwhelmed by the variety of information resources available in Trexler Library. The Library Instruction Program at DeSales University is designed to teach students how to use the resources available here while developing skills for lifelong Information Literacy.
The library offers instruction sessions tailored to the needs of your students and your assignments. Instruction librarians will introduce students to the resources and search strategies that are most appropriate for their assignments, topics and level of expertise.
Integrating Library Instruction into Your ANGEL Course
Provide your students with direct online access to course-related library resources by embedding links to these resource within your BlackBoard course site. Possible library resources include:
- Journal articles from a database
- Databases and indexes to articles
- Subject-specific research guides ("Libguides")
- Online tutorials
- Citation guides
- Online writing guides
Librarians can also provide research assistance and instruction through Blackboard. Consider some of the following options:
- Add contact information for your library liaison
- Set up Research Forum Discussion thread, to be monitored by a librarian
- Request a synchronous library instruction session via BlackBoard Collaborate.
- Ask a librarian to create a customized list of resources related to your course topic or to a specific assignments
For more information on including a "resident librarian" in your Blackboard course, please feel free to contact a librarian about this option of integrating library resources and services into your course site.