Got a question?
Important Phone Numbers
University Police - ext. 1514
EMS - 911
Health Center - 1221
HELP Line / Technical Support (IT, RESNET, Telephone, A-V, Facilities) - 4357
Self Help Books
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Organizing Your Life - Do you need a few tips on organizing your files, your room, your closet and drawers? Want some advice on eliminating clutter? What about getting stuff done? Or people involved? Do excuses keep you from accomplishing your tasks? There is advice here on all these issues and more. So why not get started now on finding a solution?
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Managing Your Time - Contains "The Top Ten Tips for Winning Back Your Time" -- suggestions on making the best of your day -- commentary on how time flies whether you're having fun or not -- discussion on the lost art of relaxation -- and more!
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Managing Stress - Offers professional advice on "what to do when you're completely frazzled, overwhelmed, and stressed-out!"
The Complete Idiot's Guide to Reaching Your Goals - Here's a book full of advice on setting and reaching goals; making resolutions a reality; motivating others; setting goals before and after significant life changes; your social life and how to have one, and more!
Think or Sink - "It is not your circumstances that are to blame for the issues in your life. Rather, it is your response to those issues that are the problem. This book shows you how to control your response to life's issues so that they lead to powerful results. Your response is always a choice..."
Welcome first year DeSales students! This information guide is prepared and maintained by the librarians in the DeSales University Trexler Library. It is designed to serve as a gateway to the various offices and services available to you on the DeSales University campus. Following are a few links that will help you find quick answers to frequently asked questions.
- If you need some quick help finishing an assignment, contact a librarian via the Research Help link in the left hand column.
- Do you want to get a quick bite to eat? Check out the Dining Services link to learn the hours of service at the eateries on campus.
- Meet our Academic Services staff by clicking on any of the blue tabs across the top of this page. Each page contains introductory information about the office as well as a link to their home page.
- We have wonderful walking paths and wide open spaces to meet and to play. Check the campus map for a view of the buildings and grounds, or link to the Bulldog on the Move page for a selection of walking paths.
- Do you feel like playing a game of disc golf? Check out the Disc Golf at DeSales web page for a printable course map and scorecard.
- Or maybe fitness is your thing. Check out the Recreation & Fitness Center hours or give them a call at x1617.
- Call the Theatre for a schedule of shows, or for tickets - x1276, or check the Act 1 Productions web page for a review of current performances.
- Consult the Desales News & Events page for the Athletics Calendar, the Events Calendar, and more.
- Do you want to know if the Campus Bookstore has the book you need? You don't need to call and you don't need to go there. Link!
- The Wellness page provides a description of services provided at the Counseling Center and the Health Center - definitely worth looking into!
- If emergency care is something that interests you, be sure to consider joining the DeSales EMS team.
- Do you have questions about your financial aid? Contact the OFA (Office of Financial Aid) to have your questions answered
This YouTube video On Information was made by the librarians at Kelly Library, University of Toronto. In a very concise way, they deliver a meaningful message, intended for first-year students, about the impact and value of university research to responsible stewardship in the world.
Is there something else you would like to see listed here? Let us know! This page is a work in progress.
Where are the Computers?
There are several places non campus that have computers available for your use. There are two computer labs in Trexler Library, the Trexler Technology Center (TTC) and the PCII lab, both on the second floor. Occasionally these labs are reserved for classes, so please consult the weekly schedule posted on the wall just outside the labs for availability. A second location available to students is the computer lab in the basement of Dooling. Other locations on campus include the Career Services Office (4 computers) on the first floor in Dooling, the Residence Life Office in McShea, and Cafe McShea on the first floor and right next door to Residence Life. Finally, there are several computers available in the DUC fireplace lounge.
Printers are available in all locations except Cafe McShea and the DUC.
Important Library Telephone Numbers
Here's a list of important telephone numbers. Use these to contact your library staff:
Circulation Desk - x1266
Reference - x1395
Interlibrary Loan - x1257
Library Director, Humanities and Philosophy & Theology Liaison (Debbie) - x1253
Performing & Fine Arts Liaison (Michele) - x1612
Social Sciences Liaison (Lynne) - x1443
BioSciences Liaison (Loretta) - x1346
(For individuals calling from off-campus you need to first dial: 610-282-1100)
Trexler Library Hours
|Monday - Thursday||8:30am to Midnight|
|Friday||8:30am to 9:00pm|
|Saturday||9:00am to 5:00pm|
|Sunday||Noon to Midnight|
Be sure to check the library web page for changes to our regular hours. Hours change over holidays, semester breaks, and during exam week.